Only the WiFi router device is not capable to provide a high-speed WiFi network range throughout your home, so, in this case, you will need to install the range extender. In other words, some routers also have an extender or access point mode, if you configure these modes then you will be competent to enjoy the benefits of the extender and access point. For the extender & access point in the router, the Netgear WNR614 router is an exclusive solution. With the help of this router, you can easily configure the netgear wnr614 as repeater mode. Additionally, this router is not compatible with the cable modem, & but impeccably works with cable Broadbands.
Besides, the faster & influential antennas are equipped on the Netgear WNR614 Wi-Fi router that works precisely. The external antennas help a lot to improve the coverage and network performance of the router. The network range of the WNR614 WiFi router is natively optimum for small to medium homes. Also, to enjoy the network range of this router, you need to complete the netgear wnr614 configuration with the repeater mode.
Access the login admin panel of Netgear WNR614 Router
To configure the netgear router WNR614 as a repeater and access point, firstly you have to access the default login admin panel. Because through the netgear wnr614 login admin panel, you will be efficient to configure the router without further ado.
- First and foremost, you have to establish the connection between your WNR614 and PC device, because the PC will help to configure the router.
- Through wireless & Ethernet cable (wired) connectivity, you will have the potential to connect the router to your PC.
- Now, the user has to launch a browser on your PC and fill up www.routerlogin.net.
- If by chance the login admin panel does not appear, then you can access it with the netgear wnr614 ip address.
- When the login admin panel will open, you will have to log in.
- You have to mention netgear wnr614 default password in their section & also mention username ID in their section.
- In the end, click the login button.
Configure Netgear WNR614 Router As Repeater
After accessing the admin panel of the WNR614 router, you are able to configure netgear wnr614 as repeater. Let us start configuring the repeater mode.
- Natively, login into the web-based utility with http://192.168.1.1.
- Then, you will reach the setup wizard of the WNR614 Wi-Fi router.
- To configure the repeater mode, first, you have to pick the Advanced section.
- Then, you have to click the Advanced Setup section under the Advanced section.
- Under the setup section, you have to click on the Wireless Repeating tab.
- If the Wireless Repeating function is disabled, then you need to enable it.
- Now, you have to fill up the netgear wnr614 repeater IP address in the following section.
- Afterward, you will need to mention the complete details for the wireless base station.
- To save the repeater mode, don’t forget to click the Apply section.
Thus, these are steps to configure the Netgear WNR610 router as repeater.
Configure Netgear WNR614 N300 Wi-Fi router as an access point
By following the given below Netgear wnr614 access point steps, you will complete to configure the access point
- Firstly, you have to go to the login admin panel through the default login IP address.
- From netgear wnr614 password and username ID, you have to log in.
- Now, you will be redirected to the Basic page of the WNR614 Wi-Fi router.
- To configure the access point, you have to click the Advanced tab.
- Then, click the Advanced setup section, & then pick the Wireless AP option.
- Some modes are available, but you have to select AP mode.
- Click the Apply tab.
Congratulations! The access point is configured in the WNR614 N300 Wi-Fi router.
Netgear WNR614 Wi-Fi router setup steps
Through the given below steps, you can completely perform the netgear wnr614 setup in a quick manner.
- Initially, you have to access the default login admin panel by using the 192.168.1.1 default login IP.
- Then, the login box appears, you have to log in with the login username and password.
- Now, the web page of the netgear n300 router is displayed.
- First of all, you have to click the wireless setting on the basic web page. Under this setting, you see the Name(SSID), Channel, Mode, & Security options. If you wish to change this setting, then you can do it.
- Then, click the Advanced Setup section in the Advanced Setting. In the setup option, you have to select the Enable Wireless Router Option.
- Also, select the enable Respond to Ping on Internet Port under the WAB setup section.
- After configuring all settings, you have to click the Apply Section.
Troubleshooting steps about the major issue of the Netgear WNR614 router
If the user faces major issues, then don’t fret, here are some troubleshooting steps.
Power cycle the WNR610 router:
If the netgear wnr614 not connecting to internet error occurs, then we recommend you to power cycle the router.
- First of all, you have to disconnect the modem to the router, if the modem is connected.
- Then, you have to disconnect the WNR610 router from the wall power supply.
- Afterward, you have to leave your router in the open air for a few minutes.
- Now, you have to plug the router back into the power supply.
Change the default password:
If the WiFi is not working on the WNR610 router, then we advise you to change the default password.
- Log in the WNR614 router into the web-based utility.
- Then you have to access the wireless setting as the password option is available in this setting.
- Now, you have to write a new password in their section & click the Apply section.
- The default password of the router has changed and the netgear wnr614 wifi not working error will be resolved.
Reset the Netgear WNR614 router:
Through the successful steps, you are able to resolve netgear wnr614 wan port not working bugs.
- Essentially, you have to assure the power of your WNR610 is solid.
- Then you have to discover the reset button in the Netgear n300 Wi-Fi router.
- Through the injector pin, you have to hold the netgear WNR300 reset button.
- Now, the LED light blinks, you have to wait until the LED light turns solid green.
Replacing the antennas:
If you are worried about the netgear wnr614 range then don’t worry, through the below steps, you can easily tackle this issue.
- Primarily, you have to unplug the defective antennas from the WNR614 antennas port.
- Then, you have to connect new antennas into the router port.
Update the Netgear WNR614 N300 router firmware
Let’s start with the steps to update the netgear wnr614 firmware.
- You have to get the WNR614 login admin panel & login.
- Now you will reach the home page of the router, you will see Advanced then click on it.
- Under the Advanced setting, click the more tools option.
- Then, you have to pick the Firmware Upgrade option.
- Now, you will see the browse tab in the firmware upgrade section, click on it & locate the file.
- After locating the recent firmware file, upload it to their section.
- Click the upgrade section to complete the netgear wnr614 firmware download process.
Netgear WNR614 wireless n300 router review
In my point of view, the netgear wnr614 review is an amazing & ecstatic good than the other brand’s router reviews. Because it works in multiple modes such as repeater, access point, & also bridge mode. Moreover, a lot of features are compatible, so you can use these features & enjoy the Wi-Fi range. The netgear wnr614 speed is 300 Mbps, which is usually more useful for HD video streaming, fast downloading, & even file sharing. Although, the superior & fast antennas of this router robust the wireless range. From a web-based utility, you will be able to configure the router as repeater and access point mode. Thus, the Netgear WNR614 router is a high-speed & powerful home networking device.