Do you want to log in to your NETGEAR router? Well, there are two different methods to do that. Let’s check them out below.
Logging into the NETGEAR Router with Nighthawk App
To log into the router using the app, follow these instructions:
- Download the app on your mobile device from the Nighthawk-app com.
- Next, you have to ascertain that the mobile device is connected to the Wi-Fi network of the NETGEAR router.
- Open the Nighthawk app on your device and log into your NETGEAR account.
Logging into the NETGEAR Router with a Web Browser
To log into the router with a web browser, just follow the given below instructions:
- Open your main web browser from a device that’s connect to the Wi-Fi network of the router.
- Now, you have to enter http://192.168.1.1 or routerlogin.net into the address bar. This will display the router login window.
- Enter the admin username and password of the router. Here, you have to enter ‘admin’ as the username and the password is the one you used during the setup. (Note: The username and password of the route is case sensitive)
Frequently Asked Questions
What to Do to Recover My NETGEAR Admin Password?
To recover the NETGEAR admin password, you will simply have to follow the steps given below:
- Open your default browser from the desktop or laptop that’s connect to the Wi-Fi network of the router.
- Next, you have to enter routerlogin.com or routerlogin.net in the address bar of the web browser. This will display the login window.
- Now, you will have to click on the option ‘CANCEL’. This will display the ‘Router Password Recovery’ window.
- Enter the serial number of the router which is present at the bottom of the router.
- When you are done click on the option ‘Continue’.
- On the next page, you will be promoted to answer the security questions. After answering them, click on ‘Continue’.
- You will be shown the admin password.
What to Do If You See routerlogin.com and routerlogin.net Access Errors?
When you see access errors when you try to open routerlogin.net or routerlogin.com, you can try out the following methods:
- The first thing that you need to do is ensure if you are using the right web address, username, and password.
- Web Address: www.routerlogin.com or www.routerlogin.net
- Username: admin
- Default Password: password
Note: In case you had changed the password of your router previously, the default password is not going to work anymore and you have to enter your new password.
- In case notice an error message while you try to access routerlogin.net or routerlogin.com, clear the cache memory of your browser.
- You can enter the default IP address in the address bar of the browser. But, first, you have to try 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1.
- Try to connect the router differently. In case you are using Wi-Fi, you can try using an Ethernet cable. Try out various wireless connections. For instance, in case you are connect to a 2.4 GHz wireless band, you can connect to a 5 GHz band.
- You can also try to use a different device than what you are using.
- In case you are connects to many networks simultaneously (wired, VPN, wireless, or a corporate connection), you won’t be able to access the web interface of the router. You can disconnect from the VPN connection or additional internet and just be connect to the NETGEAR router.
- Disable firewalls, ad-blocking software, and pop-up blockers temporarily.
- You can also power cycle the modem, router, or connect devices including phones, tablets, desktops, laptops, or gaming consoles.
- In case none of the above solve your router access problem, just do a factory reset of the router.
Remember, after you do the factory reset, all your personalized router settings and configurations will be lost. The router’s username, password, Wi-Fi password, Wi-Fi network name, and security settings will go back to the factory settings.
So, after performing a factory reset, you have to log into the router with your default username and password. Now, follow these steps.
- Click on ‘ADVANCED’.
- You have to add the IP address of the router 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1, under ‘Router Information’.
In order to prevent any login problem, it is necessary to make sure that the router is up-to-date. Here’s how you need to do that.
• Click on the option ‘ADVANCED’ to find ‘Router Update’. Under this you will find ‘Check’, click on this.
• In case a new firmware is available, you can click on ‘Yes’ for updating the firmware.
What to Do to Reset NETGEAR Router Password?
In case you want to reset the NETGEAR router password, just follow these instructions given below:
- On your preferred web browser, you will have type in www.routerlogin.net in the address bar. This will open a login window.
- Enter the router’s serial number and click on ‘Continue’.
- This will open a screen where you will be asked the answers to your security questions. Enter the answers you have saved for the security questions. When you are done, click on the option ‘Continue’.
- A screen opens up where you can reset the router password.
- Enter the new password and confirm.
- Next, you will have to enter a new set of security questions and click on ‘Next’. Now, you have successfully reset your router.
Next time when you log into the browser, you will have to log in using your new password.
NETGEAR’s router provides the best options when it comes to home networking requirements. With this, you can have the smartest home in your neighborhood. The product is easy to use and setup. It has the speed, performance, and range you need. NETGEAR can also be a great choice for offices and businesses. It provides a secure and safe connection. The company delivers a solution that you can count on. With this, you will be able to grow your business to a great extent. The router strikes a perfect balance between value, performance, and features.