After successfully setting up your Netgear WiFi Range Extender, you can now commence with the logging in part. By logging in, you can easily view as well as change the settings of your Netgear Wi-Fi Range Extender.
Note: Before continuing, ensure you have installed and connected your Netgear device to the existing Wi-Fi network at your place. If you haven’t yet, you need to visit the convenient ‘Netgear Support’ and put the quick start guide of your model on download.
The following segment is associated with the procedure you can follow, to log in to your Netgear Wi-Fi Range Extender:
- First of all, you need to launch a web browser from either your smartphone or personal computer. Make sure that the device you are using for this launch is connected to the Netgear Range Extender’s network.
Note: It is very likely that the SSIDs, i.e., the Wi-Fi network name of your router and range extender are not the same. Therefore, you must ensure that the device you are using to launch the web browser is connected to the network of your Netgear Wi-Fi Range Extender.
- In a situation where the SSIDs, i.e., the Wi-Fi network name of your router and the Netgear extender are different, just go to the address field of the web browser you have recently launched, and type, www.mywifiext.net.
- And if the SSIDs, i.e., the Wi-Fi network name used by your router and the Netgear Wi-Fi Range Extender are the same, then in the address field of your browser type http://<extender’s IP address>. For example, if your extender’s IP address is 22.214.171.124, type in http://126.96.36.199.
How to find the IP address of a device connected to your router?
If you are facing trouble finding your IP address, look through the following instructions
- Just log in to the router your device is connects to. If you don’t use a Netgear router at home, you can take the help of the user manual or support page to log in to the router.
- Now, navigate to the web interface of your router and have a look at the list of devices that are connected to it. If you are using a Netgear router at your place, tap on ‘Basic’ and go to the section of ‘Attached Devices’. Now, you will be able to see the name of connected devices as well as their respective IP addresses.
- Now, after you have successfully taken care of the above situations, tap on the ‘ENTER’ key, and a login page will pop up on your screen.
- Once the login page is display, fill in your admin user name and password.
Note: Your email address can also be the user name for this login page.
If you are unable to find the password of the Wi-Fi network of your Netgear device, you can take the help of the following procedure:
Make use of a wireless connection or Ethernet to connect your smartphone or PC to your Netgear Wi-Fi Range Extender.
- Now, use your connected wireless device to open an internet browser.
- Navigate to the search bar of the browser and type, www.mywifiext.net.
- Use your user name and password to log in.
- Now, you will see the ‘Settings’ icon. Just tap on it and proceed by clicking on ‘Wireless’.
- Finally, under the category that states ‘General’, trace your extender wifi network password:
a. If you come across ‘Same as the Existing Network Password’, the password your Netgear Wi-Fi Range Extender is using is the same as the one your router install at your place is using.
b. In case, you come across ‘Use a Different Password’, then navigate to the ‘Security Type’. Then use the ‘Network Key’ to find the type of password for your Wi-Fi extender.
Moreover, if you seem to have forgotten the user name or password you need for the login page, then you can seek help from the ‘Username and Password Help’ link or at any point, if you wish to reset your login credentials, follow the steps below:
How to perform a factory reset on a Netgear Wi-Fi Range Extender?
You can either use the Reset button or its web interface to perform a factory reset on a Netgear Wi-Fi Range Extender.
If you wish to use the Reset button, follow the steps below:
- To begin with, ensure that the Power light of your extender is ON.
- Now, trace for the Reset/Factory Reset button on your extender. In most of the cases, this button is locate at the back, bottom, or on the side panel of your extender.
- You can use a paper clip or something similar to it, to press the Reset/Factory Reset button. Hold it for seven seconds.
- After seven seconds, release the button. You have now successfully performed the factory reset of your extender.
If you wish to use the web interface of your extender, follow these steps:
- Firstly, log in to your Netgear Range Extender.
- Upon login, a Menu icon will pop up on your web browser, tap on it.
- Now, the extender menu will get display on your screen.
- Select ‘Settings’ and tap on ‘Other’ and eventually ‘RESET’.
- Click on ‘Confirm’ and, your extender has successfully been reset.
- After filling up the necessary credentials click on ‘Log in’ and a status page will be displayed on your screen.
- Now, click on the ‘Menu’ icon that displays on your web browser. It will take you to the Netgear Range Extender Menu Page.
- Finally, tap on ‘Settings’ and now you can view and adjust the settings of your Netgear Wi-Fi Range Extender.