Skip to content
WHY TO RESET NETGEAR RANGE EXTENDER
- In case you changed your ISP (Internet Sevice Provider) or your Router and need to reconfigure the extender again.
- Someone gifted you the netgear extender and you need configure it on your network.
- You bought a refurbished Extender and now you want to Reset Netgear Extender.
- You dont see Netgear’s default name i.e. Netgear_Ext, while setting up brand new extender.
- When you change your location.
- Changing settings on router like updating the new password on the router.
- If you ant to change the SSID of the Extender.
- Setting up Netgear extender from access point to WiFi range extender or vice-versa.
- Extender stops working automatically.
HOW TO RESET NETGEAR EXTENDER
- First of all make sure that Netgear Extender have stable power light.
- Now grab a paper clip and put it inside the factory reset hole for around 5 seconds while the extender is still plugged in to the wall.
- As you stick the clip inside you will see some changes in the lights of the extender, solid green will turn to amber depending upon the model number you have.
- Now the extender will reboot itself which takes around 60 seconds.
- Once the power light turns stable or solid again that will mean the extender is resetted properly.
- You can open WiFi list on your cell phone or laptop and look for Netgear_Ext, if it is there then it means Netgear extender is resetted properly.
- Lastly, You can re-configure your extender either through Wps or through web browser by typing 192.168.1.250 or mywifiext.net in the address bar.