Netgear AC1900 WiFi Mesh Extender Setup | EX6400
Extremely High WiFi Speed up-to 1900 Mbps which makes streaming HD videos and online games an easy job. Mesh Technology keeps you connected to the Internet even when you roam in your house or office by switching automatically. Netgear AC1900 WiFi Mesh Extender setup is available.Easy Setup with WPS.
For fastest speed, possible connect to Gigabit Ethernet Port.
Extender Setup Process
- Plug in your Netgear AC1900 WiFi Mesh extender EX6400 into the power outlet near your router.
- You will find a amber light on the power which turns to solid green once the Range extender is ready for Setup.
NOTE:- In case you don’t have any lights after powering the Netgear Extender, then push the power ON/OFF on the left side of the extender.
Netgear AC1900 Extender Setup via 192.168.1.250
- Connect your desktop or cell to the Netgear’s default extender name i.e. Netgear_Ext.
- You can do that by Looking for Netgear_Ext in your WiFi list and connecting to it or connecting your Computer with an Ethernet chord to your Range Extender directly.
- Once connected open any browser like (google, firefox, safari, etc).
- In the Address bar or URL type 192.168.1.250 or mywifiext.net
- It will take you to Netgear’s offline page i.e. NEW EXTENDER SETUP.
- Hit a new extender setup and then create an account by typing your name, password, and security questions.
- Once you hit Next it will start looking for WiFi networks available in your area.
- Select your main WiFi network name among the list and punch in your Internet password.
- Repeat the above step in case your router supports the dual-band i.e. 5GHz.
- As you hit Next, it will apply the settings which take around 60 seconds depending upon your Network speed and the distance between your router and the Netgear Extender.
- Finally, it will show Your Netgear Ex6400 Extender name after setup, which is going to be your Home-WiFi-Network-Name_EXT.
- Now Unplug the Range Extender and place it halfway between your router and the place where you need WiFi signals.
- For optimum speed place it away from big appliances, which might interfere with signals of Netgear WiFi Extender.
Extender Setup Process via using WPS button
- Connect the Netgear AC1900 WiFi Mesh Extender to the power supply.
- Press the power button on the side panel.
- Wait till the status LED emits green.
- Now press the WPS button of AC1900 WiFi Mesh Extender.
- At the same time press the WPS button on the wireless router.
- Once the WPS connection is established, the status LED will glow.
- You may now connect your device with the extender’s network.
- In case you lost your manual click here to download Netgear AC1900 Mesh Extender Manual.
If you still can’t set up your Netgear WiFi Range Extender, get in touch with the experienced technicians
NETGEAR AC-1900 WiFi extenders help you keep your smartphones, smart TV and computers connected to WiFi with a fast, stable connection and expanded coverage in every corner of your home. Boost your Wi-Fi range or create an access point to widen the coverage you need.
A factory reset helps to deletes all your settings including your name in the extender, network name (SSID), password and security settings. A factory reset is necessary when you cannot recover your NETGEAR extender’s admin details. With Netgear WiFi Extender, Reset is so simple with the following steps.
How to reset Netgear AC1900 WiFi Extender
There are different ways to Reset your AC1900 Extender, First by pressing the Reset button and second, by using the web browsers. We can go through these simple steps.
- First, you need to verify whether the Wi-Fi Extender Power light is ON.
- Locate the Extender’s Reset button which is in the bottom panel of the Extender.
- Locate a Pen or pin-like object to press the button effortlessly.
- Press the Reset button for five seconds or until Device to Netgear Extender LED blinks Amber.
- Press the Extender until Device to Extender LED blinks Amber.
- Release the Netgear Extender button and wait for your Extender to reboot.
- Now the Extender is in its Factory default settings.
- Use a device that is connected to your Extender needed to be reset.
- Open a web browser(Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox recommended) in the device.
- Enter www.mywifinext.in in the URL field of a web browser.
- In the Login, page type your E-mail and Password correctly.
- In the NETGEAR Extender genie page Click Settings then Other Settings.
- Click the Reset Button then select Yes in the prompt.
- Wait few seconds and then your NETGEAR Extender is in its Factory default settings.