EX2700 Extender: Know About the Setup Process and More
No more Wi-Fi dead zones! If there is a void space between your device and the Wi-Fi router, install Netgear EX2700 setup to boost the connection. This extended Wi-Fi coverage is simple, discreet, and convenient to install. With this, you can boost your Wi-Fi for devices like mobile phones.
It can also be connected to wired-devices like gaming consoles and Smart TVs. EX2700 is compatible with all Wi-Fi routers. It blends into different environments pretty easily and is hardly noticeable. EX2700 Extender makes its presence felt by offering you strong Wi-Fi signal.
Light Status on EX2700 Extender?
In this section, you will get to learn about the different light statuses on this extender. There are 4 different light status for EX2700 repeater.
- Green signifies it’s powered on.
- Amber means the extender is boosting.
- Off implies it is powered off.
- Green implies the security of the Wi-Fi is enabled (WPA or WPA2).
- Blinking Green shows that a WPS connection is being set up.
- Off signifies the Wi-Fi security isn’t enabled.
Every Ethernet port present at the back of EX2700 Extender comes with a small light.
- Green signifies the extender has optimal connection to the router.
- Amber means that the range extender has good connection to the router.
- Red implies that the extender has a weak connection to the router. So, place it closer to the router.
- Off signifies that the extender doesn’t have connection to the router.
- Green means the extender has optimal connection to the device.
- Amber light implies the extender has good connection to the device.
- Red shows a weak connection to the device and you should take it closer to the router.
- Off means that the extender doesn’t have a connection to the device.
How to Setup Netgear EX2700 Extender via Web Browser?
The process to setup Netgear’s EX2700 n300 is quite easy and is going to take only a few minutes. The step by step procedure to setup and install it using a web browser has been given below.
- Take the extender to the room where you have the Wi-Fi router.
- Check if you have live internet connection from the primary router.
- Now, plug the EX2700 Extender to a power outlet and wait for the LED light to be stable. In case it doesn’t turn on, press on the On/Off button present at the extender’s side panel.
- Next, you have to connect the wired computer or a wireless device that has a web browser to Netgear EX2700 setup for Extender. For the computer, you will have to connect the Ethernet cable present on the LAN port of the extender. Check the LAN port LED is blinking. However, for a wireless connection, check for the network name, NETGEAR_EXT that is unsecured. Once the connection has been established, the LED light on the device is going to light up to become solid green.
- Open the web browser and it will take you to the NETGEAR genie that will help you with the installation process. When you don’t see NETGEAR genie just open the browser and type 192.168.1.250 and then you gave to enter the username and password as admin and password, respectively.
- Wait for the genie to scan the Wi-Fi network.
- Now, you will see the available networks that are within the Extender’s range and choose the network. Thereafter, click on ‘Continue’.
- Type in the password of the primary wireless network and then click on ‘Continue’.
- The SSID is the default name of the wireless network and this is followed by _EXT towards the end. Choose the same security and password as the existing network.
- You now know that the wireless setting for the Extender have been altered and you will have to connect to the network prior to clicking on ‘Continue’.
- Just after you connect to the wireless device to this new router, you have to click on ‘Finish’ to complete the procedure of installation.
- Now, move the Extender to your desired location. However, you need to ascertain that it is between the wireless device and the router to ensure you receive a good signal.
How to Install the NETGEAR EX2700 Extender Setup via WPS?
The EX2700 Extender comes with a WPS feature that will connect to the devices that come with WPS feature. In this section you will come to learn how you can install the Extender using the WPS button.
- You have to place the EX2700 n300 in the room where you have the Wi-Fi router.
- Check if there is a live internet connection coming from the primary router. Since WPS doesn’t support WEP Security, you have to change the security of the main router to WPA2-PSK(AES) to ensure optimal performance.
- Now, plug in the extender to an electrical outlet and let the Power LED to be stable. In case it doesn’t turn on, just press on the On/Off button present on the extender’s side panel.
- Now, press and hold the WPS button for 2 seconds. You will find it on the side panel of your extender and you will see the WPS LED blinking.
- Within 2 minutes press WPS on the main router.
- The WPS LED that is present on the Extender need to change to solid green. This shows that the EXT has been connected to the primary network.
- Shift the EX2700 Extender to your desired location but it has to be between the wireless device and the router to receive a good signal.
- Now, you can connect the wireless device to the SSID of the Extender. The wireless network name of the extender is changed to the previous Wi-Fi network name along with ‘_EXT’ towards the end. You will have to use the Wi-Fi password of your main router for this.
You can connect your wireless devices to the extender without typing the password. In case the wireless device comes with a WPS feature, you need to press on the WPS button present on the Extender and then within two minutes press on the wireless device for connecting them without typing in the wireless password.
If you still can’t set up your Netgear WiFi Range Extender, get in touch with the experienced technicians
How to Run Smart Setup Installation for NETGEAR EX2700 Extender?
If you want to configure the NETGEAR EX2700 setup to the previous wireless network is to use the Smart Wizard software utility that is available with the wireless adapter of NETGEAR. The steps to configure and then setup the NETGEAR Smart Wizard will vary with the type of wireless security that you will be using. Check out how you have to configure and setup the wireless adapter of NETGEAR using the Smart Wizard software utility:
- Click on ‘Start’ and then go to ‘All Programs’. Check for the wireless adapter folder of NETGEAR and then choose the NETGEAR Smart Wizard.
- You will see NETGEAR Smart Wizard wireless utility appearing on the desktop screen.
- Now, you have to click on the tab ‘Network’. This is going to scan the available wireless networks that are close to you.
- Choose SSID of the wireless network that you would like to connect to and then you have to click on the ‘Connection’ button.
- Click on ‘WEP’ present on the ‘Settings’ tab under Security option and then choose ‘Enter Key Manually’. In case the network key has 10 characters, you should set it to 64 Bits and if the network key is 26 characters, you have to set it to 128 Bits.
- Type the 26 or 10 characters keys on the field that has been provided.
- Under the ‘Profile’ field you will have to assign a name so that you remember the wireless network settings in time to come and then click on ‘Save Profile’.
- Click on ‘Apply’ for validating the settings.
- When it has been connected wireless, go to ‘About’ tab and check the IP address.
Configuring Smart Wizard for the WPA Encryption
- Follow the same steps as before to connect to the SSID of the wireless network. After connecting it by clicking on ‘Connect’ button. Follow the steps given below.
- Go to the ‘Settings’ tab and then choose ‘WPA’ present under ‘Security Option’.
- Type in the WPA password in the empty field present alongside the WPA drop-down menu.
- Under a ‘Profile’ field you will have to assign a name so that you remember the settings of the wireless network in future and then click on ‘Save Profile’.
- To validate the settings, click on ‘Apply’.
- Once it has been connected wireless, you can go to ‘About’ tab and check the IP address.
How to Check the Connected Devices on the EX2700 Extender?
You can easily check out the connects devices that are connects to the extender network. Let’s check out how.
- On a Wi-Fi device or computer which is connects to the extender network, open the web browser.
- Enter www.mywifiext.net in the browser’s address field.
- When you are ask, you will have to enter the email address and the password. This will show the ‘Status’ page.
- As the browser shows the Menu icon, just click on it. This will show the extender menu.
- Go to ‘Settings’ and then to ‘Connected Devices’ to check all the connected devices.
How to Turn Off the SSID Broadcast to Create a Hidden Network?
The extender broadcasts the Wi-Fi signal by default so that SSID or Wi-Fi network name is easy to keep in mind and connect to and from the desktop, smartphone, or tablet. You have the option to turn off the SSID broadcast for creating a hidden Wi-Fi network. For connecting to a hidden network, you should know the SSID and password and enter them naturally.
To turn off the SSID broadcast for creating a hidden network, you will have to follow the given below steps.
- On a Wi-Fi device or computer device which is connects to the extender network. You have to open the web browser first.
- Also type http://mywifiext.net in the address field of the browser.
- Now, you will be ask to enter the email address and password. This will display the ‘Status’ page.
- In case the browser shows the displays Menu icon, click on it. This will show the extender menu.
- Now select Settings and then go to ‘Wi-Fi’.
- On the other hand clear out the Broadcast the Network name (SSID) check box.
- When you are done, click on ‘Save’ button to save the settings.
How To Use the WPS with the PIN Method to Connect the Devices on EX2700 Extender?
In order to use the PIN method for connecting the Wi-Fi device to the Wi-Fi network of the extender. You should know the PIN of the Wi-Fi device which you are trying to connect.
- Launch a web browser on a Wi-Fi device or computer first. Which is connects to the network of the extender.
- In the browser’s address field, type in www.mywifiext.net.
- If you are prompted, you will have to enter the address along with the password. This will open the Status page.
- When you browser displays the Menu icon, click on it and it will show the extender menu.
- Go to ‘Settings’ and then to ‘Do More’. Thereafter, choose ‘Connect Devices (WPS). This will show the Connected Devices page also.
- Choose the ‘PIN Number’ radio button.
- Enter the PIN of your Wi-Fi device in the field.
- Now, click on ‘Next’. Netgear ex2700 setup is complete.
How to Update the EX2700 Extender Firmware?
Unless you have change the settings on the page of Firmware Update. The extender will be set up for checking for the new firmware automatically when you log in.
To check for a new firmware and update it, follow the steps discussed below.
- Open a web browser on the Wi-Fi device or computer first.
- In the browser’s address field, you have to enter www.mywifiext. Net.
- Now, you will be asked to enter the email address and the password.
- When the browser displays the Menu icon, you have to click on it. This will show the extender menu.
- Choose ‘Settings’ and then go to ‘Firmware Update’.
- Now, you will have to click on the button that says ‘Check Online’
- In case the firmware is available, you will have to follow the instructions given onscreen to download it on your system. You will have to unzip the firmware file also.
- Now, you have to click on the ‘Browse’ button.
- Find out and select the new firmware file. You will see the firmware file name ending with an .img extension.
- Lastly, you have to click on ‘Upload’ button.
The firmware update will start and the extender is going to restart. The firmware update process is going to take a few minutes to be complete.
How to Restart the NETGEAR EX2700 Extender Remotely?
You can easily log into the extender and then restart it. As the extender restarts, all the computer and the Wi-Fi devices. Which is connect to the Wi-Fi network. Also it will be disconnect automatically.
Here are the steps to restart the Wi-Fi network remotely.
- On a Wi-Fi device or a computer which is connects to the extender network. Now, you have to open the web browser.
- In the address field of the web browser, type www.mywifiext.net.
- Thereafter, you will have to enter the email address along with the password.
- In case the browser displays the Menu icon, just click on it. This will show the extender menu.
- Now, Choose ‘Settings’ and then go to ‘Other Settings’. This will display the ‘Other Settings’ page.
- Click on the ‘Restart’ button now. Then click on ‘Yes’ button for confirming. The extender is going to restart and that is going to take about 2 minutes.