NETGEAR AC750 WiFi Range Extender EX3700-100INS
Netgear ex3700 ac750 extender setup once done will boost your device wifi and will acts as a bridge that captures the wi-fi from the router. It retransmits the wi-fi to spaces where it doesn’t work or is absent, thus improving the wi-fi performance. If the extender matches with the router characteristics, then it offers wide and blazing fast wi-fi.
NETGEAR EX3700 EXTENDER SETUP
Netgear has a device in its bucket that is very popular among its customers, called EX3700-100INS. After Netgear AC750 EX3700 Extender Setup it will extend the reach of the router and at a less cost, in comparison to other devices. It is a small device that has one antenna on both sides and comes with an attractive wall-plug look. It functions with its dual bandwidth features and can deliver up to 750 Mbps. It supports any kind of wireless router to provide an undisturbed wireless connection.
Following are the advantages and disadvantages of EX3700-100INS extender:
- An ethernet port is present to connect devices that needs faster internet.
- It comes with a WPS button that helps to set the device up easily.
- WPA AND WPA2 security protocols are present in it, which are new in the market.
- Since the product comes at a low cost, it only provides basic online exercises and gaming.
- The WEP network security doesn’t support the WPS push system.
- The data service sometimes get interruption from environment of operating wireless networks.
Netgear EX3700 Setup via a browser www.mywifiext.net
When coming to the setup process the setup via browser is quite a common process of configuring the Netgear EX3700. In this, the WPS supports WEP security which provides better performance. The ethernet spot on the Netgear extender can be used to connect wired devices, be it a wired computer, a wired printer and so on. Since the mywifiext.net setup is done through a browser, we can search through ways to secure the connection with the credential setup provided by the browser connection.
Following steps will help you in setup via mywifiext.net:
- Firstly, wait for the LED at the power to turn green once you connect the ac 750 extender to the switchboard.
- Now, connect a wi-fi client like a smartphone, wireless computer or any other wireless device to the Netgear’s default network NETGEAR_EXT. This network is wireless and is a Service Set Identifier.
- The device LED would turn green on the extender as the connection between ex 3700 and the wireless client is successful.
- Open the internet and search for http://www.mywifiext.net.
- Click on NEW EXTENDER SETUP.
- Fill up the requirements on the setup window and go NEXT.
- Hit WIFI RANGE EXTENDER option the screen.
- Then go for the wi-fi network you want to extend.
- Put the wireless password which is the network key.
- Type a network name you like, set the security settings.
- It’s time to connect the extender and the wireless device. Click on Continue.
- After the completion of registration, click on Finish.
- Click Here for New Extender Setup.
- A wired computer can also be used for the installation of a Netgear Ex3700 extender Setup. Connect an Ethernet cable between your computer to the extender Ethernet port.
- The username and password for netgear account is essential for login credentials and recovery of password.
- Select the network type you want and use a different password for using a different type of wireless security.
- If you already did registration of the device, you can skip the registration.
Netgear AC750 EX3700 Setup via WPS
This wi-fi setup (WPS) is a secure setup that helps in creating a wi-fi network without going through the credential process and selecting a name for the network. But it works only when router’s security type is WPA2 Personal Security Protocol or WPA Personal security mode. It makes faster and easier connections between the wireless device’s like router and extender. Let us proceed with the Netgear AC750 ex3700 setup extender via WPS.
Follow the steps for setup via WPS:
- The wi-fi router and the extender need to be in the same room.
- The main router should supply a live internet connection. We need to check whether the router supports WPS or not.
- Now, connect the extender to a switchboard and let the LED turn solid Green. If it doesn’t then press the On/Off button situated on the extender’s side pane.
- For the WPS LED to start blinking, press and hold the WPS button for a few seconds.
- Press the WPS button on the wireless router or the access point under 2 minutes once the WPS LED is turned on. It would take 2 minutes approximately for the extender to get connected to the wireless network (existing).
- To know if the Ex3700 extender is connected to the main network, check on the lights on WPS LED and router LED. The lights should be solid green.
- Repeat the steps if your router supports 5Ghz to connect the extender to the 5GHz band.
- Place the extender between the router and the wireless devices
according to the suitable location to get a good signal.
- Connect the wireless devices to the new SSID of the extender. Therefore, the extender’s wireless network name will change to your (HOME-NETWORK-NAME_EXT) at the end.
- Wi-fi password to connect devices to the extender network will remain same as the main router password.
- Click here to download Netgear Ex3700 Manual pdf.
- As we know the WEP security does not work with WPS thus the security of the main router needs to be changed for better performance to WPA2-PSK (AES). If you don’t want to go with this process, then opt for a Netgear ex3700 mywifiext setup.
- Press the WPS button on the extender and the wireless device respectively, within 2 minutes to connect them without the wireless password instantly.
If you still can’t set up your Netgear WiFi Range Extender, get in touch with the experienced technicians
Netgear EX3700-100INS Firmware Update
The firmware update is accessible by most extenders and routers, in the web interface boundaries. This process provides with securing a faster internet speed and take out any virus or bug if present, most importantly letting a router or extender to work to its optimum level. We go for Netgear firmware update basically when works on router even after resetting the router. It’s also known as “FLASHING THE FIRMWARE”. To prevent any disturbance in the Netgear ex3700 firmware download we need to carry out this process with Router—–>ETHERNET——>computer.
Follow the steps below to update Netgear Firmware:
- Firstly, download the new firmware and extract it from the download link given below.
- URL is as follows http://www.mywifiext.net.
- Now, click on Maintenance and then on Firmware Upgrade.
- Select the firmware file from your download folder or check in your browser download list.
- Hence, click on Upload and let the firmware to load without any interruption.
Is NETGEAR AC750 Extender EX3700-100INS not connecting to the router?
After the successful connection, we may face other difficulties with our devices in various ways. Out of which, one of the problem is when the extender doesn’t connect to the router. Likewise, we need to fix it to avoid any further disturbance because, without a router, an extender is out of work. Following are the troubleshooting steps to resolve your issue:
- Firstly, shut down the wireless device.
- Reset Netgear ac750 extender to the factory by holding the reset button for 7- 10 seconds.
- Connect into the extender with Ethernet cable after turning off the wi-fi of the device if it is there.
- Switch on the extender and let it start.
- For the wireless device browse into mywifiext.net.
- Try out this process without using WPS.
Is Netgear EX3700 5GHz not working?
Disability in the working of the 5GHz band may be due to its placement. It can also include the channel ranges already set. Following are the potential steps to troubleshoot
- Try updating the extender to the latest firmware.
- Try changing the wireless channel on the router 1, 6, 9, 11 for 2.4Ghz. For 5ghz channles 36, 40, 44, 48 are for domestic use and 153,157, 161,165 are for big industires like science, military etc. If your router has DFS and supports it you can go to higher channels for 5Ghz.
HOW TO RESET NETGEAR EX3700
You might feel the need to reset your wireless extender to factory settings for a wide array of reasons. For starters, you might have forgotten the password or just trying to fix a bug. In any scenario, you can easily reset the Netgear ex3700 to factory settings by pressing the reset button present below the WPS button on the side of the device. Press it for five seconds and leave it for 30 seconds.
At the end of thirty seconds, you can treat it as good as new and start it’s setup process all over again. You can also reset the extender by using the offline setup link after connecting it to your personal computer. Either way, your extender will return back to the original phase and can be reprogrammed.
WHAT IS THE LED LIGHT STATUS ON THE EX3700
You will be able to spot 4 different LEDs on this model of your Netgear ec3700 extender. Namely, the router link LED, the device link LED, the WPS LED, and the power LED. As it may already be obvious, the power LED indicates the condition of the extender in its active state. It lights up when you plug in the extender.
- The power LED has three states. If it indicates solid green it means the extender is powered on whereas a solid Amber says that the device is booting. No light indication is for an off state.
- The WPS LED also has three states. A no light situation in case of no security enabled. A solid green light up the LED when a WPS connection has been successfully made. Also, it blinks a green light if the WPS connection has not been completely made and is still in progress.
- The device link LED has four states. Firstly a solid green that indicates the best connection. Secondly, a solid Amber that shows a comparatively good connection. Thirdly, a solid red that indicates a bad or poor connection. You may want to move closer to the extender in order to make the situation better. Lastly, if the light is off it indicates that no connections have been made.
- The router link LED also has four states. These states are also a solid green, a solid Amber, a solid red, and no light for the best, good, poor, and no connections respectively. These LED states can really help in maintaining the position of the extender for optimal performances.
NETGEAR EX3700 REVIEW
This specific product of the Netgear series of extenders is a very small sized extender that one could easily hold in one hand. It has dual external antennae to increase its range. Anesthetic build and a possessor of features that are worth the price tag they put on it. It can also be used as an access point which is quite the go-to solution if you do not have an existing router. A sturdy external design that can withstand small amounts of damaging forces.
A good set of Indication lights that are bright and therefore can be easily read from far and right decisions can be made on that basis. The setup and run mechanisms are quite easy and understandable. Execution of other necessities such as a factory reset and a firmware update is all available on the setup link so there is no need to wandering off to other lanes. An overall score of 8. Quite a good extender and affordable too. Might be the go-to version for those in the budget.