AfterNETGEAR EX6420 WiFi Mesh Extender Essentials Edition Model Setup
The NETGEAR Ex6420 setup of WiFi Mesh Extender enhances the distance of a WiFi network by boosting the existing WiFi signal. It enhancing the overall signal quality over long distances. Get the connectivity you need for Desktops, smartphones, laptops and more.
This product is used in extender mode or in access point mode. It works with all standard routers or gateways. In extender mode, your EX6420 extender repeats the signals from your WiFi router. In access point mode, it creates a new Wifi Hotspot from a wired Ethernet Connection. This product can be used for Powerful Home WiFi System and in your Offices. Ex 6420 uses Fastlane TM Technolgy and MU-MIMO as well. Let’s understand the Netgear AC1900 EX6420 setup
Netgear AC1900 EX6420 extender setup with WPS
Netgear ac1900 ex6420 extender can be set up with Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS). WPS helps you to connect your device with Netgear Extender even without selecting the Network name and password. This can be done using very simple following steps.
- Press the WPS button on the product until WPS LED blinks green.
- In the same way again press the WPS button on your already configured router. WPS LED on the extender lights solid green, the router Link LED also lights and the extender connects to your WiFi Network.
- Unplug the Netgear ac1900 and change the location which is halfway between your router and the area with Poor router WiFi Signal.
- Now, Connect it into an electrical outlet and wait for the Power LED to light green.
- After this, You can use Router Link LED to find the optimal position.
- If the Router Link LED doesn’t light, Plug the extender into an outlet closer to the router.
- Now, Connect your Device to the WiFi network.
- Connect your device to the WiFi Network.
Netgear AC1900 EX6420 extender setup with Netgear installation assistant.
- Netgear extender can be easily set up with Netgear Installation Assistant. This assistant helps you to go through steps more easily. You can visit mywifiext.net to access this assistant. Connect your Device to the Extender using a WiFi or Wired Ethernet connection.
WiFi: On your Device, Join the Extender WiFiWiFi network NETGEAR_EXT.
- Using Ethernet: Also use an Ethernet cable to connect your Ethernet port. On the Extender to an Ethernet port to your WiFi-enabled computer.
- Now, Launch any Web browser ( Chrome or Firefox recommended ) and visit the Website http://mywifiext.net.
- After Netgear Ex6420 extender setup the Router Link LED lights blinks. The Extender connects to the router WiFi network.
- Unplug the Extender and change the location. Which is halfway between your router and the area with Poor router WiFi Signal.
- Connect the Netgear AC1900 into an electrical outlet. Wait for the Power LED to light green.
- Now, Use the Router Link LED to find the optimal position.
- If the Router Link LED doesn’t light, plug the Netgear Extender into an outlet closer to the router.
If you still can’t set up your Netgear WiFi Range Extender, get in touch with the experienced technicians.
Netgear ex6420 Mesh extender Install as an access point
- Netgear Extender Ex6420 setup can be done as a WiFi Access Point. It creates a new WiFi Hotspot by using a Wired Ethernet Connection.
- First, Set the Access Point or Extender switch to Access Point.
- Second, Plug the Netgear Extender into an electrical outlet.
- After this, Connect your Device to the Netgear Extender using a WiFi or Wired Ethernet connection.
WiFi : On your Device, Join the Extender WiFi network NETGEAR_EXT.
Ethernet: Also use an Ethernet cable. To connect your Ethernet port on the ex6420 Extender to an Ethernet port on your WiFi-enabled computer.
- Now, Launch any Web browser. ( Chrome or Firefox recommended ) Visit mywifiext.net and the NETGEAR installation assistant displays.
- Return to the NETGEAR Extender installation assistant to finish setting up your Netgear Extender as an access point.
I enabled a WiFi MAC filter, Access Control List (ACL) or, Wireless Access Control on my router. Now, What to do next when installing the Extender?
When a device connected to your router. The MAC Address translate to another Address. In case of Router’s MAC Filter or ACL enabled. The device can’t access the Internet. To receive an IP Address. It is for the Netgear AC1900 mesh extender to access the internet.
- First, Login into your device and disable the MAC filter and wireless access control or ACL. ( Go Through Router Documentation to know how to disable it )
- Second, Power the Extender and connect to Devices also.
- Third, Check again that the Router Link LED remains lit.
- Now, Log in to your extender:
a. If you didn’t switch on the One WiFi Name feature. In the same way enter mywifiext.net in the address field of the browser.
b. You enabled the One WiFi Name feature, enter one of the following URLs:
i. • Windows-based computer. http://mywifiext/ or http://mywifiext.local/ .
ii. • Mac computers, iOS devices and Linux devices. http://mywifiext.local/ .
iii. • Android devices. http:/// (for example, http://192.168.1.250/) .
- Select Settings ———> Connected Devices.
- Connected Devices display the MAC addresses and virtual MAC addresses for the Extender, Wired/WiFi devices that are connected to the Extender.
- On your router, add the Extender’s virtual MAC addresses. All the virtual MAC addresses of the devices connected to the Extender to your router’s MAC filter table also.
- Enable the router’s MAC filter and wireless access control, or Access Control List