Netgear Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream AX6000 Dual Band WiFi-6 Mesh Extender EAX80
Netgear Nighthawk AX8 is the latest WiFi 6 technology extender which has up to 4X capacity & performance. It is powered by a 64bit,1.8GHz quad-core processor specifically designed to transfer gigabits of data at almost zero CPU load. This makes it work real smooth, so gone are the days when extender use to stop working one morning or in between an important work or Tv shows. It is the first home extender in the industry with multi-gig internet support. Let’s look at the Netgear Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream AX6000 Dual Band Extender Setup and its prerequisites:
- Laptop/Cellphone etc
- An updated Web browser.
- A wireless router / gateway 2.4GHz/5GHz 802.11a/b/g/n/ac.
- Setup with the Nighthawk app.
- Connect Via WPS.
- With Netgear installation assistant | mywifiext.net
- Extender setup as an Acess point.
Netgear nighthawk AX-8 AX6000 Dual-Band Mesh Extender Setup with nighthawk app:
- To connect with the nighthawk app, you have to download this app on your mobile device.
- By using the WiFi connection manager on your mobile device, locate and connect to the extender network which is NETGEAR-EXT.
- Now launch the Nighthawk app and follow the instructions to connect the Netgear AX8 extender to your existing router WiFi network.
- On the Nighthawk app, if your router is not supported by the app, you will need to select “new system setup” and under products select range extender.
- And if the router is supported by the app then on your main dashboard click on the home icon on top left corner—–>New Setup—->Range Extender.
- Here your WiFi-6 Mesh EAX80 Extender will be automatically detected by the nighthawk app, you will have to give SSID and password to your network.
- Once configured it will check for the latest firmware available and will update it automatically.
- Unplug the extender & move it to another location where you need wi-fi connectivity. (The Netgear Ax6000 extender must be within the range of router WiFi network)
- Switch on your extender. Use the router link LED to help you choose a spot where the Nighthawk Ax8 to router connection is optimal.
- If your router link LED doesn’t light white Then plug your extender to an outlet closer to the router & try again.
Note: Following are examples of what your 2.4GHz & 5GHz extended WiFi names might look like:
- 2.4GHz WiFi name: MyWiFiexample
- 5GHz WiFi name: MyWiFiexample-5G
- New extended 2.4GHz WiFi name: MyWiFiexample
- Extended 5GHz WiFi name: MyWiFiexample-5G
Nighthawk AX6000 Dual Band WiFi-6 Mesh Extender Connect via WPS:
WiFi protected devices help you to link with a secure WiFi network without typing the name and password. (WPS doesn’t support WEP network security / hidden SSID network) Connect the Nighthawk AX6000 extender to your WiFi router using WPS:
- For Netgear Nighthawk AX6000 Setup via WPS we need to place the extender and router in the same room.
- Plugin your Netgear Eax80 and wait for the power light to go stable.
- Press the WPS button on the extender for about 2 seconds, you will observe a blinking WPS on it.
- Follow the same for your router, now press the WPS on your router within two minutes.
- The WPS lights on both the devices will blink and within 15-20 seconds stops blinking and the WPS on the extender turns solid confirming a successful connection.
- Unplug your Nighthawk AX6000 & move it to a new location. where you need wi-fi.
- For choosing a spot where the extender-to-route connection is best, Use the router link LED. White light confirms best connection.
- The same WiFi settings are used by the extender as your router for it’s 2.4GHz /5GHz extended network. Under mesh network router and extended network share the same WiFi name.
Netgear AX8 8-Stream AX6000 Mesh Extender Connect Via Netgear installation assistant | mywifiext
Apart from the above Setup processes, the Netgear installation assistant could also be used for connecting your extender to your existing WiFi router network. For using this installation assistant, you have to connect ax6000 to computer/laptop/phone and launch a web browser
- Connect Netgear Ax6000 to your laptop/phone etc wirelessly or wired with Ethernet cable.
- Open the WiFi connection manager, locate & connect to the Netgear_EXT.
- As soon as you open a browser on the same device Netgear installation assistant pops-up on the screen.
- If it doesn’t the manually type http://www.mywifiext.net in the address bar and it will take you to the installation assistant.
- Now follow the cue of New Extender Setup displayed on the screen to connect it to your existing router wiFi network.
- After the Netgear Setup is done unplug the device and move it halfway between the router and the place where you need Wi-Fi.
- When the extender to router connection is best, the router link LED will turn solid white.
- Now reconnect your mobile device or computer, to the new extended WiFi network
Nighthawk AX8 EAX80 Mesh Extender setup as an access point
Nighthawk AX8 EAX80 can also be used as a WiFi hotspot, which produces a new WiFi network name using a wired internet connection from the router. So, this connection has comparatively the same wifi speed that we receive from the router as there is no bandwidth loss due to obstacles or walls. You will always have to keep the ethernet connection between extender and router for this Setup to work. Use of nighthawk EAX80 in an access point mode:
- You have to plug the extender into an electrical outlet.
- Then wait for the power LED to light amber and then turn white.
- Using an Ethernet cable connects the router to the extender. From router’s LAN to extender’s Ethernet port.
- Now you can use your mobile/laptop extender to connect to Netgear_EXT in your Wi-Fi list.
- The Netgear Installation assistant displays by entering www.mywifiext.net on your web browser, which takes you to a new extender setup page.
- Create your account by filling the details then, Select the “access point’ option when asked to select the setup type.
- Give SSID and create a password for your nighthawk EAX80 access point.
- After setup is complete take the extender to the place where you need Internet signals. And do remember you will need Ethernet cable running between your router and Netgear AX6000 after setup as well.
If you still can’t set up your Netgear WiFi Range Extender, get in touch with the experienced technicians
How to enable/disable one WiFi name on Netgear AX6000 EAX80?
The One WiFi Name feature enables your extender to use the same WiFi network settings as your router. If you enabled the one WiFi name feature, your extender & router will use the same WiFi network name and password. To enable or disable the One WiFi Name feature:
- Launch a web browser from your mobile device/computer that is connected to your extender’s network.
- Now, you need to Log in to your device.
- If you want to enable the One WiFi Name feature, then enter one of the following URLs:
- In case you are using a Windows-based computer. http://mywifiext
- For Apple Mac computers and iOS devices. http://mywifiext.local
- Android devices can login using. http:// <192.168.1.250> (for example, http://142.675.1.2 ).
- Now do enter your email address and password and click the login button. The status page will appear.
- Select Settings——>wireless.
- To enable the One WiFi name feature, select the Yes radio button. If this is the first time you’re enabling the One WiFi Name feature, you must run the Smart Setup. Go to the Status page and click the SMART SETUP button.
- If you want to disable the WiFi name settings then, select the No radio button. If you disable this feature, you can set a new SSID and password for the extender’s 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz networks in the Network Name (SSID) and WiFi Password fields on this page. Mesh functionality will be disabled along with this.
- Now by clicking the save button complete all the changes.
How to update nighthawk ax6000 extender firmware?
To update the firmware on your Nighthawk AX600 Mesh WiFi Extender:
- Launch a web browser that is connected to your extender’s network, from a computer or mobile device
- Your router and extender might have different WiFi network names (SSIDs). Verify that you are connected to your extender’s network.
- Now go & login to your account. Click the menu icon.
- Select settings—-> firmware updates—–>Firmware Update page displays—->press check online button.
- Follow the given instructions on the screen for updating your nighthawk EAX80 firmware.
How to restart the WiFi-6 Mesh Extender EAX80 from the web extender interface?
For this purpose, firstly login to the extender and from there you can restart it. When your it restarts, all computers and WiFi devices that are connected to its WiFi network will be disconnected. For restarting your extender, go on to the web interface. Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device that is connected to your extender network. Now, Log in to your extender
- If one WiFi name feature is enabled then, enter the following URL www.mywifiext.net or www.mywifiext.local.
- After this, the browser will show the login page.
- There you have to enter your user name & then password and click the login option.
- The option and status page will appear.
- If your browser shows the Menu option, click it. The extender menu will appear.
- Select Settings——->“Other”
- Just select the RESTART button & click the Yes button to confirm.
- This restarts WiFi-6 Mesh Extender EAX80 which will take 2 to 3 minutes to restart properly