Nighthawk X6 AC2200 Tri-Band WiFi Mesh Extender | EX7700
Netgear Nighthawk X6 AC2200 EX7700 uses your existing Wi-Fi to create a powerful Wi-Fi network. Patented Fastlane3 technology with dedicated Wi-Fi connectivity avoids halving the bandwidth of a Wi-Fi network.
The Netgear Nighthawk Extender setting can improve a weak WiFi network and turning the dead area into an internet rich are. Given today’s digital needs, networks connecting computers and other devices are essential to everyone’s home. The first step in the Netgear Nighthawk EX7700 Setup is to connect the extender to your existing wireless network.
To do this, use one of two methods: Using WPS or with the help of NETGEAR Install Assistant:
Netgear Nighthawk X6 AC2200 EX7700 Setup with Netgear installation assistant
The first method is to use the installation assistant. To use the Netgear Installation Assistant, turn on the extender properly by plugging it in the wall outlet. Launch the web browser on your computer or mobile device. Nighthawk Extender will direct you to the on-screen instructions or Netgear setup wizard. Following are the potential steps:
- On a computer or mobile device, open the WiFi connection manager, find the extender network, and connect to it. When connecting an extender, the LED of the device will light up.
- Start the web browser.
- Visit www.mywifiext.net or Netgear Installation Assistant will pop-up automatically
- Follow the instructions to connect the extender to your existing WiFi network.
- Disconnect the extender and move it to a new location approximately halfway between the router and the area where the WiFi signal is weak.
- Plug the Nighthawk X6 Ex7700 into a power outlet and wait for the LED to turn green.
- If the router LED is not amber or green, plug the extender to a port near the router and try again.
- Reconnect the computer or mobile device to the new extended WiFi network.
Netgear Nighthawk X6 AC2200 EX7700 Setup with WPS
To connect to a WiFi network securely, use the WiFi Protected Setup (WPS) method. You are not required to enter the network name (SSID) and password. If you are an advanced user then choosing this option will be more suitable for you.
- Run the Nighthawk X6 AC2200 mesh extender.
- Move it near the WiFi router somewhere between 5-10 feet.
- Plug the ac200 into a power outlet.
- Make sure the power LED should be stable.
- Press the WPS button on the extender.
- If the connection is good, the link status LED will illuminate blue. If the link status LED is amber or red, move the extender near the router and try again.
- Move the extender to a new location approximately halfway between the router and the area where the router’s WiFi signal is weak.
Netgear Nighthawk X6 AC2200 EX7700 Setup extender setup
Instructions as an access point
Sometimes when we can’t get enough from extender mode we can set it up as WiFi access point. It creates a new WiFi hotspot using a wired Ethernet connection. The following instructions assume that this is the first time that you are trying the setup extender. Using the extender in access point mode:
- Plugin X6 AC2200 as close as possible to the router.
- Plug the power adapter into the nighthawk ex7700.
- Connect your parent router with an ethernet cable running from the router’s WAN port to the extender’s LAN port.
- Wait for the LED to turn amber, then green.
- If the power light is off, press the Power On / Off button on the side of the extender.
- Connect the computer or mobile device to the extender using a WiFi or Ethernet connection.
Wireless internet: On a computer or mobile device that supports WiFi, open the WiFi connection manager and connect to an extended network called NETGEAR_EXT.
When a computer or mobile device with WiFi connection is connected to the expander, the customer LED will be lit in pure white.
Ethernet: Connect the Ethernet cable to the Ethernet ports on the computer and expander.
- Launch your web browser and visit www.mywifiext.net. When you join the network, the Customer Connect LED will light to indicate that you are online. NETGEAR Installation Assistant appears.
- Return to NETGEAR Installation Assistant and follow the prompts to complete the Extender assignment process as an access point.
If you still can’t set up your Netgear WiFi Range Extender, get in touch with the experienced technicians
How to change the extender login username and password?
Launch a web browser from a computer or mobile device connected to an extended network. Log in to new extender setup. If you do not enable the “One WiFi Name” feature, please enter www.mywifiext.net in the address bar of your browser. If the WiFi name feature is enabled, enter one of the following URLs:
- A computer running Windows. http://mywifiext or http://mywifiext.local
- Mac computers, iOS devices, and Linux devices. http: // mywifiext.
- Android, http: “extender IP address” (for example, http://192.168.1.3), the login page is displayed.
- Enter the administrator username and password and click the Sign In button.
- If the browser displays the menu icon, click it.
- Select Settings—>Password.
- To change the admin user name, enter a new user name in the New User Name field.
- To change the administrator password, enter the new password in the New Password field and the Password Verification field.
- Select the question and enter the answer.
- Click the Save button.
How to restart the extender remotely?
You can log in to the ex7700 and restart it remotely. During the extender restart, all computers and WiFi devices connected to the WiFi network are automatically disconnected. Login into Nighthawk X6 AC2200 via mywifiext setup and follow the steps below:
- Select Settings—->Other.
- The Additional Settings page appears.
- Click the Restart button. Now click the Yes button to confirm. The extender restarts and takes about two minutes to come back.
Cannot access mywifiext.net?
In the time you trying to visit www.mywifiext.net to set up the Nighthawk X6 Ac2200. You may receive an error message stating that you are not connected to the extender’s WiFi network. This site is not a regular website. This is a local URL used to log into the extension web interface and view its settings. Your computer or mobile device must be connected to an extended network to access mywifiext.local.
- If this is your first attempt to visit www.mywifiext.net to set up the extender. Connect with the NETGEAR Installation Assistant to following the instructions.
- After connecting a computer or mobile device to the Extender Network, make sure that the Client Link Expander LED is white.
- If the Client Link LED indicator does not light up. Open the WiFi connection manager for your computer or mobile device. Make sure your device is still connected to the extender network.
- Launch the web browser and enter the default IP address for the extension which is 192.168.1.250.
- If this IP address does not work, the extender’s IP address may have changed. You can log in to the router DHCP client list to view its IP address.
- Clear your web browser cache and browsing history and try again.
- Assigning a fixed IP address to the computer.
- Before changing any of the network settings. Note the current default gateway address (Windows) or the router (Mac). Use IP address 192.168.1.249 and subset mask 255.255.255.0.