Orbi Outdoor Satellite Model RBS50Y Setup
NETGEAR Orbi Satellite Wi-Fi is an outdoor Wi-Fi router that can give a wide network coverage of 2,500 sq. feet and speeds up to 3000Mb/s. It even has night-light which lights-up your backyard, swimming pool, garden, and many more places. Having three bands, it provides great strength and Wi-Fi coverage in your external environment. The web browser or the Orbi-app can be used to configure the router easily. It has an IP65 rating that provides it with high resistance to any kind of harsh weather conditions. It is a rectangular, box-shaped router that is quite large in size and dimensions. For Orbi RBS50Y setup just move on below.
Sync using Sync button for orbi rbs50y setup
- For orbi rbs50y setup you need to install the ‘NETGEAR Orbi’ app on your smartphone to begin the process.
- Now click on the ‘Allow’ button to enable the ‘Location Services’.
- ‘Create an Account’ or ‘Login’ if you have an existing NETGEAR account.
- Once installed, click on ‘Read all the terms and conditions’ and click on ‘Next’.
- Connect the outdoor satellite to a power source Once the satellite has finished booting, it will completely glow with a solid white color on the bottom of the satellite.
- On your router, you can find a black tiny button next to the Ethernet ports on the left-bottom corner which says ‘Sync’. Press that button now.
- Within an interval of 2 minutes, make sure you press the ‘Sync’ button on the satellite too.
- If it glows a ‘Solid Blue’ color for 90-180 seconds, then it means that your router and the satellite are synced.
- But if you find it glowing a ‘Solid Magenta’ color for 90-180 seconds, then it has failed to sync.
- And if it glows a ‘Solid Amber’ in color, then it means that you need to bring the router and the satellites much closer.
- Once done, move your satellite outdoors wherever you wish to place it and connect it to a power source.
Sync using Router Web Interface orbilogin.com
- Connect your device to the Wi-Fi network. Enter ‘orbilogin.com’ in the address of your web browser.
- Enter the router username and password as ‘admin’ and ‘password’ respectively.
- Once the interface opens, click on the ‘Add Orbi Satellite’ button. Connect the satellite using a power source and make sure it is detected in your interface.
- If it does not power on press the ‘Power On/Off’ button at the bottom on the back of the satellite.
- Click on the ‘NEXT’ button in the interface. Within a couple of minutes, the bottom of the satellite will glow a ‘Solid White’ color.
- Press the ‘Sync’ button of the back of the satellite for the router and the satellite to sync.
- If the LED light on the bottom of the satellite has a ‘Pulsing White’ color, then it signifies that the satellite is booting.
- Whereas if it glows a ‘Solid White’ color, then it means that the satellite has finished its booting up process.
- Now click the ‘Sync’ button in the web interface. It might take about 6 minutes for the satellite to sync with the main router.
- If it glows ‘Blue’ color, then it indicates that the connection between the router and the satellite is strong and has synchronized.
- If it glows ‘Magenta’, it means that the router and the satellite have not synced yet.
- And if it glows ‘Amber’, then it means that the router and satellite have been synced but their connection is weak. So, bringing them closer would be ideal. Now read us for orbi firmware update.
If you still can’t set up your Netgear Orbi, get in touch with the experienced technicians
Update the Router Firmware Check for Orbi Firmware Updates
- Open a browser and enter ‘orbilogin.com’ for orbi firmware update. Enter the username and password as ‘admin’ and ‘password’ respectively.
- You can see the option that says ‘Advanced’ in bold letters. In that select ‘Administrator’ and then select ‘Firmware Update’.
- Once the page is displayed, click the button that says ‘Check’.
- If any new firmware is available, you may click the ‘Update All’ button.
For orbi rbs50y setup you need to download the firmware file from https://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/RBS50Y/netgear.com/support and save it on your desktop.
- For a manual update, first open a web browser on your connected device.
- Enter orbilogin.com in the web address and search it.
- Once the login page opens, enter ‘admin’ and your password in the username and password tabs respectively.
- Once you enter the interface, select the ‘ADVANCED’ tab and then select ‘Administration’. Now select the ‘Firmware Update’.
- You will get an option that says ‘Manual Update’. Select that option and select on the ‘Browse’ button.
- Select the firmware file you just downloaded from the desktop which will have a .img file.
- Click on the ‘Upload’ button now and your router will get its firmware updated successfully.
- Similarly, for the satellite, open your web browser in the device which is connected to the Wi-Fi network. Enter ‘orbilogin.in’ in the wen address and press ‘Enter’.
- Once it asks for username and password, enter ‘admin’ and the password you had given at the beginning of the setup respectively.
- Once the interface has opened, click in the ‘ADVANCED’ tab and select the ‘Administration’ option.
- In that select ‘Firmware Update’ and then select the option ‘Manual Update’.
- Search for the satellite model and select the one that is the same as the one you currently have.
- Press the ‘Update’ button and then click on ‘Browse’. Select the firmware file that you had just downloaded and saved on your desktop. It will have a .img or.chk type of extension.
- Select that file and then click on the ‘Upload’ button.
- It will take a couple of minutes to install the firmware and restart the satellites. The firmware has been updated.
How to enable the ‘sync’ button?
- You can do it physically by pressing the black ‘sync’ button present on the back/bottom side of the satellite next to the Ethernet ports.
- Else use ‘orbilogin.com’ in your browser in the device that is connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Enter the administrative username and password respectively and enter into the setup interface page.
- Click the ‘Attached Devices’ button. Select the satellite that is connected to your router with the correct model number in the list of connected devices.
- In the ‘Sync Button’ section, click on the ‘Disabled’ button to enable the satellite’s sync properties.
- Now your satellite will automatically synchronize with your main router.
The Router and Satellite do not sync?
There may be difficulties in synchronizing your router with its satellite, but it is possible to troubleshoot these problems by bringing the router and the satellites closer to each other during the entire setup process. Here is a guide to help solve synchronization problems:
- During the sync process, place the satellite close to the router.
- Now connect the satellite to the power source using the power cable supplied in the box.
- Wait until the base of the satellite glows a solid white LED color.
- If it glows ‘Blue’, then the router and satellite have been successfully synced.
- If it glows ‘Amber’, then the router and the satellite have been successfully synced but their connection is not strong enough. So, you need to bring the router and satellite closer to each other.
- Now, move the satellite outdoors in the place as per your requirements and connect it to a power source.
- Try to sync it once again, if it glows the following colors:
- ‘Blue’, then the router and the satellite have been successfully synchronized.
- ‘Magenta’, then the router and the satellite have not been synchronized yet.
- ‘Amber’, then the router and the satellite have been successfully connected and synchronized. But the signal strength is pretty low, so you will need to bring the router and the satellite closer to each other.