Learn How to Setup Netgear Ex6150 as Access point
- Plug in your Netgear Ex6150 range extender into a wall outlet.
- Make sure the switch is on the Access Point.
- Connect an Ethernet chord from your working router to your extender to make it a Hotspot.
NOTE:- In case you need to use this extender 15 feet away from router make sure you have 15 feet long Ethernet which will always remain connected from router to extender.
- Grab any of your WiFi devices like laptop or cell phone and go to your wireless WiFi list.
- You will have to join Netgear’s default network i.e. Netgear_Ext.
- Once connected open browser and type 192.168.1.250 or type mywifiext.net
- In case you are not able to login into extender through 192.168.1.250, try resetting the extender.
- On your Extender setup page select configure as Access Point option.
- It will now ask you to select your main WiFi network and punch password for it.
- Once connected Router LED will lit up on the Netgear ex6150 extender.
- You can then use this Netgear Ex6150 extender as hotspot or access point.
Caution- Do not unplug the extender if it’s updating the firmware. Don’t plug the extender to any surge protector.